An air conditioner requires regular maintenance for the unit to function effectively throughout its years of service. Neglecting necessary maintenance ensures a steady decline in air conditioning performance while energy use steadily increases. Also regular maintenance will prevent costly repairs. That’s why it’s so important to have Comfort Air Heating & Cooling, Inc. perform their 22 point precision tune and clean on your air conditioning system.
Our exclusive precision air conditioning tune-up procedure includes, as needed:
1. Chemically clean and thoroughly wash condenser coil(s).
2. Thoroughly clean or replace standard air filter(s).
3. Wash and level condensing unit for proper motor and bearing wear.
4. Lubricate motor and fan bearings as well as other moving parts as necessary.
5. Inspect evaporator coil and drain pan when readily accessible.
6. Clean and inspect condensate drain lines and fittings.
7. Clean, level, and calibrate thermostat.
8. Adjust and inspect blower motor and fan assembly as needed.
9. Inspect, tighten and test all electrical connections. This includes disconnect switch.
10. Test system starting and running capacitors.
11. Test all controls, switches, relays, transformers, contactors, motors, and fans.
12. Measure starting and running amperes, line voltage, and control voltage.
13. Test system starting capabilities.
14. Test system for proper airflow and air delivery.
15. Inspect and adjust all safety controls.
16. Monitor refrigerant (freon) pressures and temperatures.
17. Test and record super-heat and sub-cooling. Compare with factory specifications.
18. Adjust freon metering control device per factory/manufacturers recommendations.
19. Test and measure air-conditioning system for proper production and capacity.
20. Use meg-ohm meter on all motors to check for proper resistance.
21. Apply weather resistant protective coating to the outside unit (condenser).
22. Complete and present full written report and make any necessary recommendations.